Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Is Mold Really Such A Big Deal? YES!
Molds grow best in hot, humid conditions, but they can also grow in drier areas if an organic food source is available, along with moisture and oxygen. A leaking sink or damp windows provide an ideal environment for mold growth. Any home or commercial property can quickly become infested with mold if a source of water is present. Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48 hours. Since mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should call us if you suspect you have a mold problem. Our expertly trained remediation technicians will inspect your home or business for signs of mold, and assess the best way to treat the mold growth. Our SERVPRO of North Rowan County/Salisbury team has extensive training, equipment, and expertise to handle all mold issues and restore your property to a healthy environment.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by reviewing these mold damage tips.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (704) 925-1019
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Rowan County / Salisbury for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of North Rowan County / Salisbury has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Granite Quarry
- East Spencer